13 April 2011

All In: My Story

NCC is a church that is focused on and committed to missions. The church body supports over 65 ministries and missionaries in DC and around the world, and has a vision to give 2 million dollars annually to missions.

In May I have the opportunity to go with a team of NCCers to serve in Greece. NCC has been invited by the A21 Campaign to assist their efforts in Greece. They provide legal aid, prevention, and restoration programs to victims of human trafficking throughout Eastern Europe. Their goal is to abolish the injustice of human slavery in the 21st century. I’m confident our time will bless the A21 campaign, and as I know that it’ll be an intensive time of personal growth for both myself and the team.

Over the last year, I've really been focusing on my past and why it's important in my walk of faith with Christ. Recently, I stumbled upon something Christine Caine said, "We must commit to the internal healing process for God’s restoration to take place, because an artificial soul replacement is simply not an option. We have to work with what we’ve been given. But don’t worry; God is faithful and will bring healing if we are willing to commit to His plan and His process."

As we go through this All In sermon series at NCC, I feel the Lord prompting me to give up my story, my life, my control- history included. So many times in my life, I'm completely ashamed but yet insecure about my story. This trip to Greece is a way for me to develop a heart for those who have endured/suffered so much more than I have and ever will. This trip to Greece is a chance for me to eat my own humble pie because what I experience will never compare to what these girls are going through RIGHT NOW.

I need your help in prayer and financially to make this trip a reality. Please pray for safe travels and an impacting trip. I fully expect it will be an emotional journey. Much prayer is needed for the A21 Campaign and the people we’re going to help. Also, please consider partnering with me financially on this trip. The trip will cost $3000.

If you’re able to help financially, you can give in a couple of ways:
1. By credit card on-line through the National Community Church website. You’ll need to sign up for an account so that you can receive a receipt for tax purposes. Click Here to give online. Click the online giving button, create an account, and under the “Funds” category, select “Greece Trip 2011″, and then be sure to select my name in the “Sub Fund” drop down box that appears after you select the trip so that it gets credited to my account.

2. If you don’t need the tax refund, you can send a check to me: Diana Wei Fang, 205 F Street NE Washington DC 20002, and write in the Memo line – Greece Trip 2011.

Thank you all in helping me go ALL IN. :)

No comments: