24 January 2011

Cheese is still gross

So it's no secret that I care a lot about what others think. Lately, I realized how much of a people pleaser I was until last week at Bible Study. I can't do anything without thinking of how someone else will think of the action or choice that I make.

For example:

I can't lay in the grass and relax because I'm afraid of what someone passing by might think of me.

I get nervous ordering dinner in front of others in case they think the food I order is weird... or they might think I'm "uncool" with what I eat. (Hey, I'm Chinese... this is so possible)I also can't order dinner without knowing what others are getting first. And if they make me order dinner first... I ask for the waiter to make the decision for me- again, to ensure that what I get is the cool dish (if there is such thing as one)

I like the same music "everyone else" likes because I want to be liked

I purchase clothes that I think others will like on me... not clothes that I like on myself.

The list can go on and on and on. I need to get to a place where I am confidant that God's opinion of me is the only thing that matters.

Sooooo, I will be using this blog to write about my journey of likes and dislikes. I'm going through everything to see if *I* really like something. It'll be an adventure.

Although, I do have to say this... I love being on staff at National Community Church and this is something that I do because I am confidant that it is where God has called me to. No question about it. (See? I'm not completely a lost cause)

So with that- I tried some cheeses again to double check that I still think that cheese is still gross. (I tried Brie, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, and Gorgonzola in case you're wondering). Consensus? Yep. Still gross. Really gross in fact. Mozzarella and Provolone are contenders though. I don't mind them because I can't taste them :)

Stay tuned for what else I try... it'll be an adventure.

No comments: