21 June 2011

Paige's List

Don Miller wrote a blog post about his fiancee, Paige, describing what she wanted in a man.

After reading her list, I realized that she wasn't afraid to voice what she reeeeally wanted in a man. So many times, I feel like I think- what man wants to hear me talk 30 times a day?! Or, what man isn't afraid of sensitivities?

So then, my own list ends up with things like, "must kill bugs or remove them from my sight". Which, for the record is still a must. What I'm trying to say is, Paige's list has more depth. Paige believes that she's worth having a man who is all those things or strives to be those things for her.

I think a lot of times, I'm afraid to dream because I'm afraid that someone will come and take them away from me. I'm afraid of what others will think of me. I'm afraid of being too frivolous by dreaming about what kind of man I want. I should be dreaming about my career or my next life goal etc etc etc. I was taught to never depend on a man and never waste your time thinking about boys. Paige's list challenges me to think outside the box, and for the first time, allow myself to be vulnerable enough to myself and voice what I really want (to myself).

What about you? Are your dreams really your dreams? Or do you hold back from yourself?

Here’s Paige’s list:

I want someone who…

- loves God with his whole heart.
- wants to talk to me everyday, 30 times a day if that’s what I need that day.
- can’t wait to see me again
- is always thinking about me
- surprises me, in good ways from the little to the big
- plans dates for me
- follows through on what he says he’s going to do
- is consistent in his actions and behavior
- doesn’t disappear
- reassures me of his feelings for me with his actions and words
- wants the whole world to know how he feels about me, isn’t afraid to show it or say it
- puts me first, after God.
- is not afraid of my sensitivities, scars and wounds but wants to be a part of healing them
- always makes time for me no matter what else is going on.
- pursues me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very useful list of templates¡­thanks for the compilation!