31 December 2011

All In, Greece, Bucket Lists, and Friends

I generally stay away from these posts... I've only done ONE cliche post (last year at Thanksgiving), but 2011 was too big of a year not to sit down and document it in some way shape or form. Soooo, you lovely readers get to reminisce with me :o) (in no particular order)

2011 was full of ups, downs, laughs, tears, new friends, broken hearts, and learning curves. I kicked and screamed as I faced my insecurities and issues of self worth (my poor friends). As I realized that it was for the better to face these issues, I started to realize that I don't need everyone and their mom to love me, be friends with me and be my best friend.

I started mentally building up my confidence in a way where I have EMBRACED my introvert self and am okay with being who I am... and not who I think I should be (an extrovert... so everyone will love me).

Opinions of MAN definitely still affect me, however, it no longer paralyzes me the way it use to. Yay! progress!

A year ago, I was pretty set on being single for the rest of my life and never having my own family. Thanks to our "All In" series at the beginning of the year and to awesome friends like Twitless and T-Bone, I realized that I DO actually want my own family and I DO want to one day be married... and more importantly, that someone DOES want to marry me, of all people! Who would've ever thunk?

I went to Greece and didn't just learn about the facts, realities and truths of trafficking, but finally embraced what I've blatantly ignored for the last 25 years of my life. God broke my heart in a good way and this is just the beginning of a long journey for me.

Along with Greece, came a hard and heavy realization that I'm not anywhere near being emotionally healed from my past. 9 months is not enough and I have accepted that I'm in for a looooooooong journey ahead of me. Yay! No more denial!

2011 wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention the countless movies I watched to try and catch up with the rest of the world. Braveheart and the Bourne Trilogy... to name a few. We never did get around to watching Bicentennial Man though...

Items crossed off my bucket list this year: Visited Rome and Greece, awesome tour of the Capitol Dome, splashed in puddles, played with leaves, took a Supreme Court Tour, swung on a swing set- and even got my fair share of bruises, underdogs and bumps along the way, and attended the Helen Hayes.

I am on staff at NCC- FULL TIME!!! This is a huge answer to prayer and I looooove our worship teams and everyone I work with on staff :)

We finished a LIVE album- The God Anthology. This was a huge undertaking and one of our biggest accomplishments as a worship team. I'm so proud of everyone who played in it and was involved in the process of making it. This was and still is a huge win for 2011.

Last, but most certainly not least- 2011 was a year of blessings in the form of amazing friendships. Reags, Heather (T-Bone), B, Ash, J, Bananies and Nich- you have been my pillars of strength, my shoulders to cry on and whine on. We've certainly laughed until our stomachs have hurt and made GREAT memories this year. I absolutely can't wait to experience 2012 with you wonderful people. My heart has never been more full or happy. It's an honor to be your friend.

No comments: